- (factor analytic) factor analytical: of or relating to or the product of factor analysis
- A process in which the values of observed data are expressed as functions of a number of possible causes in order to find which are the most important
- any of several methods for reducing correlational data to a smaller number of dimensions or factors; beginning with a correlation matrix a small number of components or factors are extracted that are regarded as the basic variables that account for the interrelations observed in the data
- Factor analysis is a statistical method used to describe variability among observed variables in terms of a potentially lower number of unobserved variables called factors.
- collateral: serving to support or corroborate; “collateral evidence”
- SPSS is a computer program used for statistical analysis. Between 2009 and 2010 the premier software for SPSS was called PASW (Predictive Analytics SoftWare) Statistics. The company announced July 28, 2009 that it was being acquired by IBM for US$1.2 billion.
- Supplementary Pertussis Surveillance System
- A software program that facilitates quantitative analysis.
confirmatory factor analysis spss – A Step-by-Step
A Step-by-Step Approach to Using the SAS System for Factor Analysis and Structural Equation Modeling
Packed with concrete examples, Larry Hatcher’s Step-by-Step Approach to Using SAS for Factor Analysis and Structural Equation Modeling provides an introduction to more advanced statistical procedures and includes handy appendixes that give basic instruction in using SAS. Novice SAS users will find all they need in this one volume to master SAS basics and to move into advanced statistical analyses. Featured is a simple, step-by-step approach to testing structural equation models with latent variables using the CALIS procedure. The following topics are explained in easy-to-understand terms: exploratory factor analysis, principal component analysis, and developing measurement models with confirmatory factor analysis. Other topics of note include “LISREL-type” analyses with the user-friendly PROC CALIS and solving problems encountered in real-world social science research.
359/365: No Shot Today
Combat items not loading on sexual trauma component, principal components analysis output detail, War Events Inventory. For Hipstamatic 365 project, 4/11/11.
Rosemary Collier rating factors at New Optimists Food Forum
Rosemary Collier, Director Warwick Crop Centre, doing factor analysis at New Optimists Food Forum, University of Warwick, 23rd May 2012.
confirmatory factor analysis spss
Comprehensive and comprehensible, this classic covers the basic and advanced topics essential for using factor analysis as a scientific tool in psychology, education, sociology, and related areas. Emphasizing the usefulness of the techniques, it presents sufficient mathematical background for understanding and sufficient discussion of applications for effective use. This includes not only theory but also the empirical evaluations of the importance of mathematical distinctions for applied scientific analysis.